Get To Know Me

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Keep Breathing



Go ahead and push play and listen as you read. Ingrid Michaelson is one of my favorite artists and this is a beautiful song by her. So simple, but yet haunting and inspiring at the same time.  I love that it starts slow and soothing and leads into the lyric :  " The storm is coming but I don't mind.  People are dying, I close my blinds......I want to change the world, instead I sleep.  I want to believe in more than just you and me.  But all I know is I'm breathing."

I used to be the person that would come running when help was needed.  I used to be the person that seeked out opportunities to help others...especially the women around me.  Lately I feel like I'm in my own small bubble.  I hear about things happening...babies being born, friends having a struggle, a friend's birthday, my neighbor having a miscarriage, etc  and I can't get myself to do anything about it.  It's not that I don't care, because I do.  But I can't muster up the energy to support or help them. 

The song starts to build as she sings over and over "All I can do is keep breathing, all I can do is keep breathing"....  And I feel like that is my anthem at the moment.  All I can do is keep breathing and take care of my family right now.  I do ache for the person that I once was, but I have lost sight of that person.  That person paid TOO MUCH attention to everything going on around her and couldn't meet her husband's needs and she got betrayed.  So I can't go back. HOW could I go back to being that person?  I don't want to hurt like this ever again.  Please don't let me hurt like this again.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can totally, completely agree with what you said in this post.

I've come out of my bubble like two months ago. I'm a changed person, but still the same (does that make sense?). I don't think it was a good thing to always be there for my (girl)friends. Not in the way I was. In a way, I put them before my husband. It's better for my marriage that I'm more balanced, and that my husband is number 1!

You will come out of your bubble, you will be changed, but maybe even for the better :-)

You have to focus on you, on your husband, on your marriage and your kids. That's enough!

Mara xx