Get To Know Me

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thank-you Skype

Well, I can't get out of the habit of posting my Thankfulness on Thursdays or I may end up forgetting more often.  And this is definitely one more that is more for me than it is for you.  It's something I'm not so good at and would like to make a habit of thinking this way on a daily basis.  SO, let me throw this post out there for today.  K, let me think....
 
1. Technology - more specifically Skype.  My husband has been out of town this week and we've been able to Skype every night and it's surprisingly nice to talk to a person that way rather than just on the phone. Not to mention the kids love it.
  
(crickets chirping) (I literally sat here for 5 minutes just thinking and I can't come up with any more!)
 
Ok, I don't know if I'm tired or what, but it's been a little bit of a downer day...day 5 of husband being gone and I honestly can't think of anything else to write on my thankful list.  I mean, I'm thankful everyday for my family, but I just figured that was a given.   But really, this is sad. I'm stuck.  So I guess that's it for now.  I'm tempted to not post this at all, but then I guess it's good to be real. 
 
I can, however, go on about Skype a bit more.  My dad had been trying to get us to use a web cam for the longest time.  He lives far away and wanted to use it to chat with us.  BUT to be honest...I hate the way I look in those things! I'm so self conscious!  So I never did set it up and didn't really get what the big deal was anyway.  It seemed like talking on the phone was just as good.  But then my husband and I both have a Kindle Fire HD now and he got excited to try Skype out while he'd be out of town.  So I consented mainly to indulge him on this little gimmick.  But like I said, if you can get over the fact that you look a little distorted in the little window, it really is nice to SEE him and he said the same about me. ;)  So, thank you to Skype for making this week go a little better than I thought it would.


No comments: