Get To Know Me

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Say Something

 

This is a REALLY popular song right now
"Say Something" by A Great Big World, feat Christina Aguilera
I hear it all over the radio
It really is beautiful to listen to
But can be so sad when you really listen to the words
Push play and follow the lyrics below



Say something, I'm giving up on you.
 I'll be the one, if you want me to.
 Anywhere I would've followed you.
 Say something, I'm giving up on you.
 
And I am feeling so small.
 It was over my head
 I know nothing at all.
And I will stumble and fall.
 I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl.
Say something,
 
I'm giving up on you.
 I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.
Anywhere I would've followed you.
 Say something, I'm giving up on you.
 
And I will swallow my pride.
 You're the one that I love
 And I'm saying goodbye.
Say something, I'm giving up on you.
 
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.
 And anywhere I would've followed you.
Oh-oh-oh-oh
 Say something, I'm giving up on you.
Say something, I'm giving up on you.
 Say something...
 
 
I'm sure this song can be interpreted a number of ways
The video itself poses 3 different situations someone might be in when relating to this song
It touched me most when relating to a couple struggling in their relationship
 
My favorite part of the lyrics are
"I know nothing at all
And I will stumble & fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl"
 
It is SO TRUE!
Isn't it?
I don't think there is anyone on this earth that knows how to love perfectly
There are so many factors that affect how we love
How we grew up
The people who loved us and raised us
And then you meet someone who may have learned how to love in a different way
And then everything we experience along the way
 changes who we are and how we love
 
When my husband cheated on me,
it wasn't physical
It was emotional
And going through that experience taught me that
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl
I had barely touched the surface of what it means to love
There were so many things I wasn't doing
Because I hadn't yet learned how
 
That's why second chances are so important
Instead of getting so frustrated or angry with our spouse over something we feel they should have
already KNOWN how to do,
We need to understand that we are all still learning
So SAY SOMETHING
Talk to your spouse in a loving way
Let them know that you love them
But that you need something to change
Have a heartfelt conversation
 
And if you are on the receiving end of this plea
LISTEN and then SAY SOMETHING back
Don't let yourself get defensive
Don't let yourself feel judged
Don't let yourself pull away from them right when they are trying to reach out.
Your version of the song doesn't have to include
"And I'm saying goodbye"

1 comment:

Joan Michael said...

effective and powerfull love spell to return ex lover contact dr jumba Call/WhatsApp him:  +19085174108   
my fiancé broke up with me last week i was so sad I changed completely, I wasn't eating and i wasn't talking to anybody, I cried a lot, I was so depressed and stressed out that I was scared I'm going to end up in the hospital because of all the stress and depression until one day i search online on getting love tips because I Love & care about him deeply and I just want us to be together as a couple again and I want us to last forever then i found a powerful spell caster Called dr jumba that he solved so many relationship problem then dr jumba told me he will come back to me between 24hrs after he cast spell on him never believe it until my finance called me on the phone and told me he want us to come back and live happily together forever , Am so happy now that dr jumba help me bring my finance back to me. Thanks so much dr jumba  he can also help you Email him via:  wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com  or Call/WhatsApp him:  +19085174108   : blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/  
WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com