Get To Know Me

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Is Matthew REALLY dead??!!

Ok, I know I'm a little behind the rest of the world, but my husband and I just finished Season 3 of Downton Abbey and it was a SHOCK!  We fell in love with Matthew and Mary as a couple and they were so happy once they finally got married! It was so beautiful!  The day he died he had just met his newborn son and was happily driving to tell the rest of the family.  We finished the episode and my husband said, "I don't like that.  I'm probably not going to want to watch anymore." haha  We are such nerds!!
 
But I was in denial that he is really dead.  Is there still a chance for him??  I guess not many unconscious people look like that with their eyes open.  He looks pretty dead.  Darn it.  And then I found an article where the actor that plays Matthew talked about why he needed to leave.  (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/downton-abbey/9765334/Dan-Stevens-Why-I-left-Downton-Abbey.html) So that settled it.  He's really dead and I'm so sad! haha  Goodbye Matthew, we really will miss you.  What a good guy he was.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I can't believe you are just finding out Matthew is dead! Yup, he is dead. Dead as a doornail.

I am actually quite angry with the actor, Dan Stevens, because it was his choice to leave. The writer had no choice but to kill him so that Mary and Matthew's love story would still be believable. Dan Stevens is now in America doing broadway and trying to be a big time actor. Well, curse him!!

Same with Sybil and O'Bryan. They both left because they wanted to do bigger and better things.

And then I say: 'thanks for ruining my life Downton Abby!!!!'