Get To Know Me

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Why I Fight For My Marriage

marriage, marriage quote, love quote, brothers & sisters tv show quotes
 
It's a question no one wants to think about.
What would YOU do if your husband cheated on you?
As women, I think we'd want to be strong
and kick him to the curb!
Is that being strong?
I suppose in some situations it could be
But in mine, it would have been the easy way out.
 
I'd like to think I'm being strong
by STAYING and FIGHTING for my marriage.
 
For me, I knew the man that cheated on me was not the same man I married
But I BELIEVED he was still in there somewhere
 I chose to give him a second chance
And the time it took to come back to me
I chose to fight for the love I knew we had always had
and to HOPE that we could find it again.
 
It was NOT easy
It was one of the hardest things I've ever done
But I'm so grateful I did.
Because even though a terrible mistake happened,
I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else.
 
I got the above quote from the TV series "Brothers & Sisters"
You can see the full quote below
When I heard it, it really struck a chord with me.
That I wasn't only fighting for ME, or for HIM
But I was fighting for US
I was fighting for our FAMILY
 
So why do I fight for my marriage?
Because it is worth fighting for.
 
quotes from tv show brothers & sisters, worth fighting for, marriage quote
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same for me! I stayed because my family is worth fighting for. Even when there are times when I'm beat down and done fighting, I keep at it. It's hard, but we are strong!

Sweet Kroshka said...

Cheating is not a mistake, it's a choice.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I separated once a few years ago because he cheated on me. We came really close to divorcing, but for some reason I could not follow through. We fought for our marriage and are still together - and happier than ever!

Unknown said...

You are right. Cheating is a choice. But I guess I was thinking of it in terms of looking back...it was a huge mistake.

And Bri, thank you for sharing!!! It is so good to hear about a happy ending.

Anonymous said...

I chose to fight for my marriage after the first time. After the second time, I still chose to fight, but wondered if I was doing the right thing. After the third time, I knew there was nothing left worth fighting for.

Unknown said...

@Anonymous : I don't blame you. We can only fight for so long. Fighting for our marriage is not just on our shoulders, but on our spouses as well. And the fight usually cannot be won if both people aren't on board. I'm sorry for what you've gone through. I say it over and over that I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone. It sounds like you gave it a fight and it's not your fault that it didn't work out. There is no shame in that. You gave it your best. Good luck to you!

Joan Michael said...

effective and powerfull love spell to return ex lover contact dr jumba Call/WhatsApp him:  +19085174108   
my fiancé broke up with me last week i was so sad I changed completely, I wasn't eating and i wasn't talking to anybody, I cried a lot, I was so depressed and stressed out that I was scared I'm going to end up in the hospital because of all the stress and depression until one day i search online on getting love tips because I Love & care about him deeply and I just want us to be together as a couple again and I want us to last forever then i found a powerful spell caster Called dr jumba that he solved so many relationship problem then dr jumba told me he will come back to me between 24hrs after he cast spell on him never believe it until my finance called me on the phone and told me he want us to come back and live happily together forever , Am so happy now that dr jumba help me bring my finance back to me. Thanks so much dr jumba  he can also help you Email him via:  wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com  or Call/WhatsApp him:  +19085174108   : blog : https://wiccaspelltools.blogspot.com/  
WEBSITE:  drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com