Get To Know Me

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas


Since the affair I have had the hardest time doing ANYTHING that I used to love to do.  I think it's a little depression.  But one of those things is cooking.  When you are feeling blah, it's really hard to motivate yourself to do anything more than the basic tasks to survive! 

But, birthdays are motivating.  So that's what it took for me to whip out these delicious babies. My husband loves everything to do with buffalo chicken.  Happy Birthday my sweet!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
14 oz can red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup chopped green onions
3 cups cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you love cheesiness)
8 tortillas
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9X13 glass dish with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, mix together enchilada sauce and buffalo wing sauce.  Add more buffalo wing sauce if you need it spicier (I used the mild red sauce and the buffalo wing sauce made it spicy enough for me).

In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, half the green onions, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup blue cheese.  Pour in half the enchilada sauce and mix well.  Fill each tortilla with desired amount, roll and place in baking dish.  Once all tortillas are in the dish, pour the remaining sauce over the top and then add extra cheeses.

Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.  When you take it out of the oven you can top them with remaining green onions. YUM!

(Adapted from The Novice Chef)

No comments: