Get To Know Me

Friday, February 7, 2014

Knock your husband's socks off this Valentine's Day

 Just to warn you, I'm just going to let myself go in this post.  Throw all caution to the wind.   Why is it a little bit hard for some of us to talk about the sexual nature of our relationships?!  It just feels like something that should be kept within the bedroom.  Ha!   BUT I am a big believer that we can all learn a lot from each other and I do think that sex should be included in that.  It's just as important a part of our relationships as anything else, and my blog DOES have a lot to do with helping you in your relationships. So here we go!
 
 
"She was standin' in the kitchen with nothin' but her apron on"

Oh yes.
You know where I'm going with this.
No more only having sex late at night with all the lights off.
Have a little fun, will ya?!
 
Some of you might remember this sweet little song, "Somewhere Other Than The Night" by Garth Brooks.  I'm not sure how many people it has inspired, but I know it inspired ME.  I really wanted to do something different last year for Valentines Day. I stepped out of my shell and let me tell you, it was completely worth it.  Here's what you can do:
 
Get rid of the kids before your husband gets home from work. Check!
Shower and shave your legs. Check!
Put on some panties and an apron. (nothing else!)  Check!
Be ready with ingredients to cook dinner together.  Check!
Optional...light some candles, put out some rose petals, set a the dinner table with some bubbly.  Check!
Have an apron ready for the hubby. (of course I'm not going to be the only naked one in the kitchen!) Check!
Be standing in the kitchen with nothing but your apron on when your hubby walks in. Check!
Make love before dinner.  NOPE!
PS: Does anyone REALLY say making love? I was trying to be more appropriate/romantic, but maybe I'll just say what I would normally say. haha
Do it after dinner.  NOPE!
Do it after you massage each other in front of the fire.  NOPE!
 
Don't get me wrong...do plenty of touching, kissing, whatever, but after dinner and after giving each other a massage, we got dressed and went to a movie!! We found ourselves to be very cuddly and touchy feely at the movie and by the time we got home, we were REA-DY.
 
And let me tell you...it was one of the best sexual experiences I've had in my 13 years of marriage....for both of us!
Hope you'll try it! ;)

No comments: